CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hint #5: New Mom's Hints for Cradle Cap and Eczema

I AM NOT A DOCTOR!! I wish I made the big bucks, but I don’t! However, when Anderson got a really bad case of cradle cap, I worried. It went down to his ear lobes, forehead, cheeks… It was not fun. L My girlfriend gave me the rest of their baby shampoo and said it worked for her son’s cradle cap (head). So, I tried it. After a couple of weeks, the cradle cap was nearly gone. Into the fourth week, it was completely gone! It was so nice for my little guy!! The product is called Mustela Foam shampoo for newborns: Ultra-gentle, self-foaming shampoo washes away flakes associated with cradle cap. As for his face & ears, I used Hydrocortisone 5%. I felt that the benefits of the crème outweighed any side effects, and his eczema went away very quick! So, it’s up to you whether you use hydrocortisone or not. I did and it worked like a charm!!

2 comments:

  1. The Mustela really worked? I have been trying to get rid of Nolan's cradle cap with no success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it worked for us! We even tried oil on the scalp before washing hair and everything. Use this product consistently, though. I think that was the thing for us. Also, put it on before you bathe Nolan and leave it sitting there. Then wash him like normal... It's tearless, so that's a great thing, too... Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete