CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hint #6: New Mom Loves Baby Carriers

This new mom loves baby carriers. Slings and the Baby Bjorn are my things. I am so glad I discovered these wonderful items after my son was born!! I felt so isolated in the house; and I was constantly waiting around for my little one to go to sleep, so I could do things (bathroom break, time to myself, etc.). The Hotsling brought me out of my rut once I purchased one (I have two now). I was able to pop my newborn it it and run around the house and do things! Even go outside for a quick walk. Really. You don't realize how you need two hands to do things until you are using one and carrying a baby in the other. I also got a Kangaroo Korner Mesh Sling that is great for hot days and taking baby into the water or the shower. I have been using the Baby Bjorn now that the little dude is getting heavier and heavier. It distributes the weight much better. I would love to try this Moby Wrap, but it looks so confusing, and I don't know if i am ready to figure out how to wrap this 15+ feet of fabric around myself while my baby is crying. it might be worth a shot, since I have back problems as it is... If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. sleepy wrap (www.sleepywrap.com) is similar to moby wrap, but i find it much easier to wrap since you just tie it tight and don't need to figure out how much room to leave for your little one. try doing it while your baby is sleeping. i became a pro after 30 minutes :) there are some videos on youtube. i had back issues with two other carriers i tried before, but no problems at all with the baby wrap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw an add for that in one of the parent's magazines. It definitely sounds easier than the Moby Wrap! Thanks so much for the input!!

    ReplyDelete